- This Privacy Statement applies to the use and processing of personal information collected and used by certain members of Moving City. The information concerning the collection, use or processing of personal information by Moving City or any of our affiliates, business partners or suppliers can be found here. Please note, this statement only applies to those who are domiciled within the European Economic Area and adequate countries.
- This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to your personal data; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data.
- In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" refer to Moving City. For more information about us, [see Section 10.]
1. This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (https://seqlegal.com).
3. Information we collect
- We may collect information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information we collect directly from you; information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online content or use our mobile applications or other services; and information we collect about you from other sources.
- We collect information when you choose to participate in our offers and programs, create an account on our websites, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Postal address
- Username and password
- Telephone and/or fax number
- Date of birth
- Demographic information
- Payment information (such as a credit card) and bank account details
- Future communication preferences
- Telephone number and recordings when you call our customer service line
- Information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online ads or promotions, or use our mobile applications or other services
- Information about your device browser and operating system
- IP address
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- We collect information about you from other sources, including publicly available sources, such as the Land Registry, social media platforms or referral agents, etc. This includes also following websites: www.zoopla.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.allagents.co.uk. Examples of information we may collect from other sources are:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Income level
4. How we use the information
- We use the information collected to offer you products and services, to deliver to you advertisements, special offers or other content tailored to your interests. The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests
- Develop new products and services
- Develop and provide Marketing tailored to your interests, including interest-based marketing
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions
- Send you email and/or postal messages with information about Moving City and other content we think may be of interest to you
- Telephone you about Moving City and other content we think may be of interest to you
- Personalise your experience on our websites by presenting products and information tailored to you
- Allow you to participate in social sharing on our websites
- Analyse the use of, and develop, our products, services and marketing.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business
- Moving City will only process your information in pursuance of our legitimate interest if we receive any requests related to, for example, a product or service, a call-back, or specific marketing materials; we will use your personal information to fulfil your request. Where we need to manage your account and protect you against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, we will do so in accordance with our legal obligation placed on us under law. We will seek consent from you if we need to process your data solely identified purposes. To ensure meaningful consent is obtained from you, Moving City will provide you with reasonable notice ensuring that your consent is provided on an informed basis
5. Providing your personal data to others
- We may disclose your personal data to our professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The professional advisors may include:
- HMRC for Tax purposes and money laundering
- We may disclose your phone number or email address to our suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary to deliver the service promised (which may include such services as referencing, warranties, AML checks, repairs/replacements carried out by our external contractors etc).
- In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 4, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. Also, we may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- We also may share your personal data when:
- We have received your instruction to pass the sale of your property to another agent
- To protect, defend or exercise the rights and property of Moving City (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
- For Landlords – this will include data provided to tenants, suppliers/contractors, warranty providers, local councils for property licensing etc.
- For Vendors – this will include data provided to solicitors, developers, buyers or AML check agencies
- For Tenants - this will include data provided to landlords, suppliers/contractors, warranty providers, referencing agencies, debt collectors for late rent payments etc
- For Buyer - this will include data provided to solicitors, developers, vendors or AML check agencies, mortgage providers etc
- For Contractors - this will include data provided to vendor/buyer, landlord/tenant or other relevant organisations in course of works carried out
- For Agents - this will include data provided to vendor/buyer, landlord/tenant, potential applicants, developers etc
- For Network/Software Providers (these all have GDPR policies set in place) – data provided to such providers will not be disclosed to anyone outside these organisations
6. Retaining and deleting personal data
- This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- The period of retention of your personal data will be determined based on the service provided.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We will notify you of significant changes to this policy by email.
8. Your rights
- In this Section 8, we have listed the rights that you have under data protection law. Hence, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
- Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- To identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website
- To help us to determine if you are logged into our website
- To store information about your preferences and to personalise the website for you
- To help us to analyse the use and performance of our website and services
10. Our details
- This website is owned and operated by Moving City.
- We are registered in England and Wales No. 6296925. Registered office: 18C Mansell Street London E1 8AA.
- Our principal place of business is at 18C Mansell Street London E1 8AA.
- You can contact us:
- by post, to 18C Mansell Street London E1 8AA
- using our website contact form
- by telephone on 02074811110
11. Data protection officer
- Our data protection officer's contact details are: Ripon Mahmood 02079549030; 07949190393
12. We strive to follow GDPR guidelines to our best ability. However, please be advised that in some instances data transfer cannot be fully monitored or controlled. For example, emails sent through Microsoft software, documents signed through DocuSign, files shared via Dropbox etc.